We all long for that bright, glowing complexion, but some days our skin just won’t cooperate and we’re left dealing will dull, drab skin. If you’re skin is in desperate need of a pick-me-up, don’t worry—there are plenty of easy things you can do to improve your skin’s vibrancy. Try our 7 hacks for brightening dull skin and start seeing the glowing results you crave:
- Eat the right foods. Getting proper nutrition has a huge impact on your complexion. Vitamins A, C and E all contribute to healthy skin, along with antioxidants and essential fatty acids. Examples of foods containing these important nutrients are colorful fruits and vegetables, eggs, vegetable oils, nuts and seeds, and fish like salmon, sardines and mackerel.
- Get a good night’s sleep. If you’re not getting an appropriate amount of sleep, your skin will start to show it. Sleep helps heal the body, and that includes repairing skin cells. Getting that essential 7-9 hours every night will work wonders on bringing your dull complexion back to life.
- Drink plenty of water. Make sure you’re drinking at least the recommended daily amount of water—8 eight-ounce glasses—to keep skin looking healthy and vibrant. Water helps flush out toxins, maintain a healthy pH balance for skin, keep skin moisturized, and prevent acne and wrinkles.
- Exfoliate your skin. Exfoliating removes dead skin cells, allowing the healthy skin underneath to breathe. Exfoliating once or twice a week will keep dead skin from building up and help reveal your skin’s healthy glow. Try a gentle exfoliator like Cures by Avance Algae Deep Pore Cleanser.
- Moisturize daily. While you should definitely wash your skin daily, washing reduces skin’s natural oil levels, which dries it out. Always follow up a face wash with a moisturizer, like Cures by Avance Nutrient Rich Moisturizer.
- Always remove your makeup before bed. Sleeping in your makeup has a host of detrimental effects on your skin, such as clogging your pores, drying out your skin and allowing skin to age faster. It can be tough to come home after a long night out and wash your face instead of going straight to bed, but your skin will thank you for it.
- Use a brightening facial mask. Sometimes your skin just needs a little extra TLC. Applying a mask is perfect for revitalizing tired skin and giving it back its healthy glow. Restore your skin’s health and get a more radiant complexion by using a mask once a week. Try Cures by Avance Nourishing Mask for a gentle, hydrating mask.
Do you have a favorite skin-brightening tip? Let us know in the comments! Remember to check back with the Fashion & Beauty Store blog each week for more beauty tips and tricks. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get our latest updates and deals!