With summer just around the corner, it’s time to whip out your favorite sandals and hit the beach. But there’s just one problem: your feet have been hibernating all winter. It’s been months since you had a pedicure, and all that time spent shoved into socks, tights and boots has left your toes looking a little bit funky.
Get your feet ready for summer with these foot care tips you can do at home:
- Give your feet some attention when you’re in the shower or bath. It’s easy to ignore your feet when you’re showering, but taking the time to regularly scrub your feet will make them look and feel better.
- Treat your feet to a warm soak. Submerge your feet in soapy water for at least 10 minutes. You can add in an aromatic foot soak product to help you relax, or just use your favorite body soap.
- After you soak your feet, gently scrape away calluses and dead skin with a pumice stone. Avoid harshly grating the skin so you don’t irritate it. It’s also not recommended to shave off calluses with a razor, as you might inadvertently cause an infection.
- Get extra hydration with a pedicure mask. Put up your feet and relax while the mask gets to work hydrating and smoothing your feet. OPI’s Cucumber Mask is a perfect blend of shea butter and cucumber extract that will leave your feet feeling refreshed and reinvigorated.
- Moisturize your feet daily. Somehow feet often get the short end of the stick when it comes to moisturizing. After showering or soaking your feet, always apply a moisturizer to keep your feet from drying out. OPI Chamomile Mint Massage is a stress-reducing, sweet-smelling option to revitalize your skin.
- Get a foot massage. If you can’t swindle your significant other or a bestie into doing it, head over to your local reflexology spa and enjoy a quiet, relaxing foot treatment.
- If you’re prone to foot fungus, protect your feet with an anti-fungal treatment. You’re not going to want to show off your favorite new pair of flip flops this summer if you’re dealing with a nasty foot fungus. Cures by Avance Anti-Fungal Serum and Activator heals fungus and also prevents recurrences.
If you want to give your feet some extra attention, you can always go and get a professional pedicure done. Just be sure you visit a reputable salon and that your pedicurist sufficiently sterilizes all of their tools before using them on your feet.
Now that your feet are ready to hit the sand, what about the rest of you? Check out our posts on summer hair care and summer-ready skin. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with Fashion and Beauty Store!